Robert J. Frank was born in Ankara, Turkey, in 1965. His father was a U.S. Navy Chief and his mother a floral designer. Mr. Frank grew up in Colorado Springs, Colorado, and graduated from Doherty High School in 1983. He graduated Cum Laude from Cornell College in Mount Vernon Iowa in 1987. Mr. Frank received his Doctorate of Jurisprudence in 1990, graduating with distinction from the University of Iowa College of Law. While at the University of Iowa, Mr. Frank was associate editor of the Iowa Law Review.
Robert J. Frank has been licensed to practice in the federal and state courts of Colorado since 1990. Mr. Frank has been licensed to practice in the federal and state courts of West Virginia since 2008. Mr. Frank has been licensed to practice before the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals since 2008. Additionally, Mr. Frank has been granted permission to appear in other states on a special basis, to assist in the litigation of complex cases.
Mr. Frank is a member of the American Association for Justice, West Virginia Association for Justice and the Colorado Trial Lawyers Association. He is a member of the American Bar Association, Colorado Bar Association, El Paso County Bar Association, and West Virginia bar.
In 1994, Mr. Frank was awarded the Brian S. Gardner Outstanding Young Lawyer Award. In 2000, Mr. Frank was awarded the National Leadership Award by the National Republican Congressional Committee. In 2007, Robert J. Frank was named as a Colorado Super Lawyer, an award given to the top five percent of attorneys in the state of Colorado, based on peer review.
Mr. Frank has successfully represented individual and corporate clients in complex civil litigation and appeals against the nation’s largest and most powerful law firms and governmental institutions. Mr. Frank has successfully represented clients in state trial courts, state appellate court, federal district courts, and federal courts of appeal.
- University of Iowa College of Law, Iowa City, Iowa
- Juris Doctor – 1990
- Honors: Graduating With Distinction
- Honors: Vice President Federalist Society for Law and Public Policy, 1988-1990
- Honors: Moot Court Board, 1989-1990
- Law Review: Iowa Law Review, Associate Editor, 1989 – 1990
- Law Review: Iowa Law Review, Member, 1988 – 1989
- Cornell College, Mt. Vernon, Iowa
- Bachelor of Arts – 1987
- Major: Politics and Philosophy
- West Virginia, 2008
- Colorado, 1990
- U.S. District Court District of Colorado, 1990
- U.S. District Court Southern District of West Virginia, 2008
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Western District of Louisiana
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 2008
- U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit, 1996
Honors, Awards & Recognitions
- Brian S. Gardner Outstanding Young Lawyer Award, 1994
- National Leadership Award (2000 – by the National Republican Congressional Committee)
- Colorado Super Lawyer, 2007