Severe Hail Storm Hits the Pikes Peak Region
On August 6th, the Pikes Peak Region was hit by a severe storm. Damages due to Hail, high winds and flash flooding were the primary concerns. If you are curious what to do next, we are here to help. These steps will help make the most of your claim process:
- Walk around your property and make a list of the damaged property (look at furniture, landscape and physical property)
- Contact your insurance carrier to file your claim – be sure to have your list ready as this will set the parameters of your loss claim. Be sure to verify you have flood coverage.
- Do what you can to remediate the damage, but take photos to document the condition of the property. If you use contractors, make sure they document and photograph everything.
- Keep a total of the repair costs – your insurance may provide a offer, but the offer is only good if it actually covers the damage
- Do not sign anything until you are satisfied with the sum of money the insurance is offering.
The information on this website is intended to be general information only and not legal advice. Laws change frequently and the information on this website may not be up to date, nor is the information intended to be fully comprehensive.
The information is general in nature and each case should be analyzed by a legal professional on an individual bases. The information on this page does not create an attorney client relationship. No relationship should be implied by reading the general information contained on this page or this website. For legal advice specific to your case please contact Sanders Law Firm or another licensed attorney.